Monday, November 1, 2010

Fright Night


Rylee's first halloween, our little angel was dressed in all red...a devil. She hated getting dressed up..was not enthused with taking pictures & couldn't eat candy. Once we took her out of her costume she was all smiles...We took her to the mall and she loved looking at all the different people, and so did we. Our night was full of hmm..nothing. We were planning on going to the mall and using our Little Devil as a way to get some free snacks for Mom & Dad but, baby and Mom decided to snooze instead.
That morning Rylee went to daycare, they were having a Halloween party. This morning made me realize how being a mother changes you. The night before this Halloween party something went wrong & we were out all night. I woke up in the morning & realized I had failed to go get devil horns for her costume. I thought, 'Good thing we are up early we can do a quick run to Walmart and pick some up on the way.' We arrived on Walmarts Halloween aisle and I proceeded to dig through ALL costume attire. After 20 minutes of searching, there were still no devil horns. I had to take her to daycare without them....We got to daycare and I seen all the little kids in their cute costumes..then I looked at Rylee and you couldn't even tell what she was, it broke my heart (she didn't care, not to mention that she had slept through what seemed like a huge event to me). I left on my way to work and cried the whole way there. I felt like the worlds worst mom. 
Needless to say my mom went and got her some horns and all was alright and she was a cute little devil. Moral of story=get the costume ready before the day of halloween.

Hope everyone had a Spookfully Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute! I love her Orange Halloween shirt! To stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete